LadyGina's TA Team

A forum for the TA members to discuss, debate & vote on things having to do with Evesham.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Sat May 03, 2008 1:10 pm

Yes Rathen, you are an exception. Jibboo, Dranoel, me and many others don't have time to work at the workshop, and even if they had, the workshop wouldn't give as much money as the field gives.

LadyGina wrote:
As for the stars, I honestly do not understand that system...I've tried... and I don't know how to change it

You have no power upon it LadyGina (before the election, at least Wink )

The game creators decided there was too much money in the game (they think that the entire game is as old as Fench knigdom) and created starts so the Counties could burn money.The County that spend more money earns more stars (1,5 maximum), the Counties that spend less money, loses stars (1,5 max). We would need to spend 6000p. each 15 days to do not lose stars... Some other things influence Prestige, like the polls that some citizens receive when they login. If the Prestige is low, the County loses Government Points quicker and Councillors cannot enter in their offices as a consequence.

Rathen wrote:
First, we cant plug the barrel unless we know where the water is leaking from. There HAS to be a reason as to why we are losing money. It has to be found. If we cant find it, we cant fix the problem. Taxes are a short term fix.

I agree that we should keep looking at alternative ways of making money.
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Mon May 05, 2008 3:49 am

Well, I have the numbers for what goods we have, what money we have ... everything I post here in the net worth threads I post...if the money is going somewhere else other than the corruption & waste then I have no idea where it is, nor how to find out where it is...it is somewhere that a Mayor does not have access to.
The only other thing, off the top of my head, I can think of besides taxes, is to raise the price of some good I sell...like wood...and I DON'T wanna do that. We've worked TOO DAMN HARD to get our prices down to where they are, & we're trying to get them even lower on some items, so if I start RAISING prices, then that's gonna cause citizens to raise THEIR prices, then we're defeating the purpose of lowering prices !!
So, let me figure the net worth for last week & see where we stand ...

If any of you can think of anything other than taxes or raising prices, feel free to throw it into the ring & let's discuss it...

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Mon May 05, 2008 7:19 am

Yeah, LadyGina!
I have to agree. We should not raise the prices of our products. It would defeat the hard work we did before. I wish I had another idea in how to solve the problem, besides putting Tax on the fields. But if it is that what we have to do ... .
Anyhow, I'm curious how the system works. I know it not in your hand. I wonder if anyone has connections to people who know how the system works, and where our county spends the money on. And how we worked our way in so much dept, and what their plan is to get out of it, and how we can help. Knowing that would help me understand and support our county and I would have the chance to explain it to other people, who might be interested in where the money goes. My goal is to fully stand behind our decisions. If it is necessary and someone knows someone I wouldn't even mind asking the representing people about our history of spending money, and to report to you all.

Hey you all soon there will be a second menu in Moody's Pub! So come and hang out!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dranoel

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Mon May 05, 2008 6:36 pm

Well Rathen does have a point taxes are just short term fix and we do not want to raise prices on things in the market. But still we are having a loss some where and that needs to be found. Now I can account for some loss due to patroling the market. Can I ask are there any other grants that are out that lose money as well ? I really dont know well how the system works but will bang my head right along with everyone else to figure it out scratch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rathen

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Mon May 05, 2008 8:27 pm

Bang Ouch! Bang Ouch! Bang Ouch! Okay, so we cant raise prices. I was thanking that is where the leak might have been. Paying higher pounds for something we sell for less. Could this be the case? Have we added up the price for materials as oppose to what the town buys the item for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Tue May 06, 2008 1:55 pm

Well, I can attest that as Mayor, I NEVER buy anything higher than what I will resell it. I only buy lower than what I sell so I make money, or for the same amount, to where I come out even. The money that is lost that I cannot account for HAS to be this corruption & waste thing the new system gets.

Also, I wanted to bring up the fact that Countess Funmath has written me asking what I think about the County taxing us as a town 1500 pounds a week !! She says that the County is losing money & she can't think of anything else to do other than tax each town...But honestly, I don't know how long it would be before Evesham ended up bankrupt if she taxed us 1500.00 a week Sad I asked her to give me a couple of days to discuss this with you all & I would let her know....you know I don't want to go against what our Countess says, but I just do not see how we can afford this....I have spoken with Gnome on it too, & we should all try to figure out some options making & saving money for the COUNTY as well as Evesham so that they will not have to tax Evesham Sad If the Countess taxes our town then we will have NO CHOICE but to tax the citizens Sad

Also, I was thinking that IF we do tax the citizens, I know it sounds better to tax the fields more than the workshops, but we also need to realize that many of the fields are new level 1's who don't have that much money & they may not be able to pay .... so that is a good reason to tax the workshops more....Level 2's & 3's have more means to make money to cover their taxes...

Just some thoughts......

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Tue May 06, 2008 8:01 pm

Well hell! This just gets better and better, doesnt it? The way its going the town will be bankrupt in a couple of months and then we wont have to worry about it.

It must be then that the corruption and what not is the culprit of snatching the money. It has to be the only thing. Have you (Lady Mayor) asked some of the other towns in the county as to what they have figured for their town waste and corruption? Is it all the same amount for every town or is there a weekly verable? We need to isolate this amount so we might be able to figure taxes out to acomidate. I say taxes becasue if this is the case we are left with no alternative. It will no longer be a short term fix but will have to be a weekly varible perminant fix.

And as for the Dutchess wanting money? Where is her brain at? LOL (I say that with humor and no disrespect) We can alot weekly monies for this till it adds up to 1500 pounds. I say we just add it to the budget. If we dont have a budget then we need to start. If we have one we will be ready for everything. Also, if we are going to have a budget, we need to have an emergency fund built up. Yeah, I know this all requires money but if we have to tax, lets us benifet out of it also rather then just give it away and we will also be prepared for other things that come our way.

Damn, I think this is the longest one I have written. LMAO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jibboo

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Wed May 07, 2008 7:41 am

How long will it take our city to get rid of the debt if we pay Tax?
And how long will it take the county to get rid of the debt if we pay Tax?

Which difference does it make if we owe money or not? Does the debt make a huge difference in the game? How does it effect the county, the city, and the players if we are in debt and if we are not in debt?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Wed May 07, 2008 10:30 am

Rathen, I honestly have not asked because I think I am the only one who figures this whole town net worth thing every week (I still have to do last week's..I have the numbers saved, just haven't done the math to them). And I honestly thing that is the only way they will know they are losing unidentified money....I know Spell knows to do it because she is the one who taught me when I became Mayor in Plymouth the first time. I just don't know if she does it there or not..... I can ask though.
And I was thinking, I may drop the Militia down to 2 a day instead of the full out 4. That will save us 238.00 pounds a week...Now, will it make a difference ? I won't know until I figure the total net worth the week after I lower the Militia...
Let me know what you all think about the Militia thing ...

Jibboo, I'm not sure how long it will take us to start showing profit again if we pay taxes...and since I don't have numbers from the County I don't know how far the county is in debt, so I don't know how long it will take for it to get out. I'm sure being in debt & being bankrupt makes a big difference in the game. If County doesn't have money, they can't breed animals, which means the farmers can't work their field, also without money the County can't get the needed points to get in their offices & do their job & the County will fall apart eventually & all will be destitute so people will either leave or quit the game & then there will be no Worcester County. It will be a wasteland.......

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Wed May 07, 2008 1:05 pm

Ok folks, new net worth posted........lost another 333.00 so we're gonna have to figure a way to compensate for that consistant 300.00 to 350.00 pound weekly loss......

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Wed May 07, 2008 5:05 pm

I still say budget. If we owe the money then it is our obligation to pay it. A budget has to be made and I still say we need to budget for emergencies also. One never knows what comes up. Yes, ask Spell about her numbers. It might help us figure things out. We need to make sure we have them points and everything else we need to run this town, I dont want to move nor live in a ghost town. And I agree with the Lady Mayor, lets try lowering the militia to 2 and see if that will make a difference. Remember, the possibility might be that we lose MORE money as they might be our town police and they keep the thieving down. I dont know how that works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jibboo

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Wed May 07, 2008 8:50 pm

yeah, a lot of math! Thank you for looking into so many things for us Ladygina! Ur awesome!

maybe it would be good to put some tax on the second field? How many second fields are there? and how much would the Tax be? how much would get it closer to be even ?
and the militia thing why not?! ad these things does it get it even?

As minister of moral, could we have a "good will fair". Like we party and people can make donations to the city for (we can think of something nice). Maybe the rich/higher level people can pay maybe a little more and get some prestige points or something. Whatcha think?

Or could there be something like adopt a lower level player and help them with some money or cheaper food, so that they can level up faster? and later in the long run they can help to pay the Tax?

just throwing ideas into the air ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnome1special

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Thu May 08, 2008 6:03 am

Hmm, how do we figure a budget when we're not keeping track of every transaction.

I started doing that as TM and there just aren't enough hours in the day to do the job the way it needs to be done in order to figure out how much money is being made off of buying and selling while still trying to take care of all the other responsibilities both RK and RL have for me. I'm sure it must be similar for a mayor, and many of the transactions happen somewhat invisibly. If you can get a handle on the ones that aren't invisible, you can start getting an idea of what's happening with the others, but I just can't see anyone except a home-body with no kids or spouse being able to commit that kind of time to be able to figure it all out.

We can get a rough idea based on our average losses over time, but since the game doesn't keep track of anything automatically except just a few things such as IG Lords, it makes budgeting in the traditional sense nearly impossible.

But ... that being said, I'm open to suggestions ... time saving or otherwise.

Here is what I started doing as TM: every time I bought I recorded it in a spread sheet attempting to organize it by day. But after even just a few days the spread sheet got very unwieldy, not to mention the time factor involved.

Perhaps someone could come up with a quick method of extracting data, or of laying out a spreadsheet better, but I'm frustrated and stumped, or I'd give some recommendations to Gina how to better track income and outgo by transaction ... but I just can't ask that kind of time commitment of her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Fri May 09, 2008 5:15 am

Unfortunately this is correct. There is just no way to keep track of each & every transaction that is done because of autobuy. Currently I have autobuy on only on wheat, HHW & HW & wool. Wool is automatically autobuy with game mechanics. A mayor cannot turn it off, nor can they change the price of the wool on autobuy.
So...there is just no way to budget when we can't keep complete track of ALL purchases...

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Fri May 09, 2008 3:51 pm

Well then, lets tax it up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Sat May 10, 2008 1:10 am

Ok...sad as I am to do it, I guess that's all we can do...and we can do it as a trial thing. I think it lasts 2 weeks at a time, or you can only tax & un-tax every 2 weeks...something like that,, so ....
I read in Plymouth, at least before the Wolves took over, that they were taxed 3.00 per field, & 10.00 per shop... I don't think we need to go as high as 10.00 per shop, but I think 7.00 might be do-able ... and much as I agree we should tax the fields more than the shops, I am also torn because I don't want to make it impossible for the new level 1's that have just acquired their fields to pay their taxes, so I'm thinking, more on the fields since Level 2's & 3's do have more knowledge of how to I gain more money....
So, here's my thoughts..... let me know if this is agreeable....

3.00 per field
7.00 per workshop
Try this for 2 weeks & see what happens ?

I have also decided to NOT cut back on Militia & here's why....
I don't know for sure this would happen, but since the WoS have taken Cornwall, I have been reading a bit in Plymouth Hall, & it seems that Slutty1 & Bunk_1 have turned to the Wolves now & they were 2 of my biggest rivals during my time in Plymouth...especially Slutty1.
Now, I would never put it past her to try to slither her way here & take Evesham...just to get back at me.
So, with that being said, I want ALL the militia I can get...besides, I started thinking of this, & the militia really does offer good wages for folks who can't get a job in town.... I'd hate to take the job away from anyone...but my MAIN reason is the Wolves..JUST IN CASE.

Also, Dranoel is on retreat till...I think he said at least next Friday. He's the Chief Marshal, so I'm not sure what's gonna happen there..I've contacted McMannanan..I thought he was the Constable but not sure now...

Anyway....let me know what you think of the prices of taxes.

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Sat May 10, 2008 9:11 am

good that elections are coming up soon ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnome1special

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Sat May 10, 2008 10:47 am

I have 2 fields and a workshop .. 13 in a two week period isn't much, really ... it's less than a pound per day.

Hopefully it will add up to be enough tax to keep the town solvent. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Sat May 10, 2008 11:10 am

I really hope more people reply, but I will probably levy that tax tonight. I will send a mass mailing apologizing but explaining that this is inevitable, & that it is a trial period..2 weeks..to see if it helps. If it does, then we will leave it that way for a while to see if we can build our Net Worth back up. If it doesn't help, we will either raise the tax amount or we will just have to try to come up with something else.

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Sun May 11, 2008 10:57 am

Works for me! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Sun May 11, 2008 4:54 pm

Remember that the money a level 1 earns from a field is the same a level 2 and a level 3 earns from it. Nobody earns more money from a field because they reached a higher level.

Quote :
3.00 per field
7.00 per workshop

I can pay it, it isn't too much, but the money I am going to use to pay my workshop tax is the one I earn from the fields. We do not have too much level 3 to consider increasing the wokshop tax only because of them. I agree that they have a lot of money, and I even think some of them would donate part of they useless money to our town if somebody go there and asks.

However, if it is already decided I surrender.
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Mon May 12, 2008 12:56 am

Oh, I didn't mean they make more just by being Level 3, I meant that as a new level 1, sometimes they use all their money to buy their field, so it's harder for them to save up after their first harvest...

I am working on a mass mailing right now, and in it I will ask any Level 3 citizens that are willing to make donations to let me know....if we can do that instead of taxing that would be good...but, how would be the best way to get the cash ?

We may do the tax thing for 2 weeks until I find out how many are willing to donate...

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Wed May 14, 2008 4:50 pm

I have been paying attention to the market for the past couple of days. I have noticed that the corn is really building up. It seems that we have quite the amount of it. Why not take it and some of the other surplus goods and sell them elsewhere for more money where they will do us and someone else some good?

On a positive note, I met someone from Arundel in our tavern. He liked the way our town was, both diplomaticaly and socially. I think that says alot for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jibboo

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Thu May 15, 2008 7:20 am

So the Tax is now on the fields?
I really like how our market is blooming (-:
Nice Job LadyGina!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   Fri May 16, 2008 1:30 am

Well, the reason I was leaving the corn alone is because I was saving it for our own County but I can't buy over 3.55 because that is what County pays. I have made a deal with ... I can't remember the town right off the bat ... but it is for some of the meat we had on the market...that will make us a little bit. And, if the County is to a point now where they don't need as much fodder, then I will try to buy it for any trade deals that I can, but wheat ... I am going to have to lower my buy price on wheat if the County officially changes it's buy price.... That will hit our profit margin a bit, but hopefully not much....
I am still working on the numbers for the taxes, so, no, the taxes are not in effect yet.
I want to make absolute sure I am doing good with the amount I levy, so I am studying alot...

Yes, I have heard positive things from travellers as well Rathen, & it makes me very proud of everyone Smile
Thank you Jibboo but I could not have done it without all of you Smile

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   

Back to top Go down

TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next