LadyGina's TA Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LadyGina's TA Team

A forum for the TA members to discuss, debate & vote on things having to do with Evesham.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456

Go down 
+3
Garrett_Myre
Rathen
LadyGina
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyGina

LadyGina

Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Empty
PostSubject: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:08 am

Ok guys let's get this started.
First of all, thank you for coming. We're going to cover our financial situation, & activity of the TA in this meeting but the most important thing is the finances.....
We're not doing so well. I know I am behind on getting out the weekly net worth status, but trust me......we're not doing well. The County TM is not buying on a daily regular basis, because our Sheriff says we are losing 6K a day to paying wages somewhere that has to be a game bug but he's not getting any help from LJS...
Our treasury runs well under 100.00 a day, sometimes even into the negative because I have fodder on the Fair that isn't being bought. We've got a market that is overrun with wheat & corn especially but there is nothing I can do about it because I can't buy it to sell to the County because he isn't buying what I sell from autobuy anyway & I can't export it because nobody else I have written to needs any of it.....they have excess too.
I have people writing me saying "Stop suggesting wheat fields" when I'm not suggesting anything anymore...I'm leaving the choice up to the people what they choose.
I'm very frustrated with everything right now. We are to the point where I am going to have to levy taxes every other week to keep us afloat. I don't want to do that because I promised I would do everything in my power not to levy taxes & I've kept my word. But I can't keep our treasury in the negative...or even under 100.00.
The autobuy is what is sucking the life out of the treasury. When the TM does buy our goods & gets us some cash, it's gone in no time to autobuy. But if I turn autobuy off again, I'll have a riot & the market will be worse than what it is now.......
Suggestions ?
Back to top Go down
Rathen

Rathen

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:16 am

If the County TM isnt doing his/her job then perhaps you should go over his head. If that doesnt work the go higher. Also, the next time that person runs for office, dont vote for them. Right now we have so much on our market its not even funny. Seems like everybody is making things but nobody is hardly buying. Seems to me thats a problem also.

Barring that, I have no solutions.
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:20 am

Well, 2 things with that......1, he isn't buying because they say the County CAN'T buy because of losing money. 2, we don't elect the separate offices, we only elect the Count/ess & they appoint the other seats. And it's not just Ontrose ... before him, LeeAnn wasn't buying either regularly because of the same problem.....she was advised, I don't know exactly by who but I think the Sheriff, not to buy for 2 or 3 days at a time because the County is losing money so quickly.....I'm not sure what our actual County debt is, but I know they are saying we are losing up to 6K a day just to wages....
Back to top Go down
Garrett_Myre

Garrett_Myre

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 4:29 pm

Can we not make the most of the fact that Evesham is in the ideal posistion for trade? It's effectively a hub for all over towns. Try and get workshops up and running, and actively producing, and advertise out to traders and get money in that way.
Back to top Go down
Dranoel

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Ok then.........First question, is the trade minister doing their job as prescribed by law? Second who says that the county cant buy items because of the loss ....Funmath?
Third I will message LJS myself as he has always responded to my mail rather quickly...but first I will speak to Correus about the matter , I have seen the post where we are losing money but from what I understand it is do to a bug issue.....and if this is the case then OLE LJS needs to address this matter urgently.......I will let you know what I hear as soon as I can ................ Smile
Back to top Go down
Gnome1special

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 12:41 am

How about this for a suggestion for the time being:

1st, shut off autobuy since the county is not taking care of its towns. 2nd Announce to everyone (temporarily) to work in the mine every other day, their own fields every other day (or hire out), and perhaps even not work once in a while during the week. Also delay planting fields by one day, or perhaps even two between plantings, or even sell off one field.

What I anticipate that this will do is draw more of the county's money into our own personal coffers through wages as opposed to selling goods, and will likely decrease our production so that our market will draw down a bit.

We can also eat our own produce (those of us who make food), until such time as the market clears up.

Finally, you're going to need to tax at least once in order to get some cash.

Now if anyone knows a trader from an area that needs stuff that we have, than some of this may be unneccessary. But until such time as we can locate a town or county willing to buy our goods, we need to slow down on glutting the market in hopes of someone buying our goods.

Or ... we just shut off autobuy and manually buy what the county needs and hope that's enough to keep our economy running.

Frankly, I know that the country needs more of what the mines produce, so we should promote more mine-working even though it draws the county's money down daily and takes a big hit on Sunday ... selling Iron, and stone more than compensates for it if we have buyers ... and the gold mine is instant cash which the economy desparitely needs. So the mines are really the best bet and our county has done a poor job of promoting that because they don't give us personal gratification.

So summary:

1. Turn off autobuy and tax everyone once to establish a cash level.
2. buy fodder manually.
3. send a global message to work the mines every other day and slow down on field production.
4. find someone to trade with.
5. Raise a political stink in the forum asking the TM to do his job.
6. speak with specific sectors of economy in increasing production again as trading happens, or market draws down to a workable level.

Sorry, I know there's a lot of work here, but it's the most comprehensive plan I can come up with.

I'll check out my welcome message to see if there's something I can say there to newcomers.

The problem with not recommending wheat fields is that all other fields are well saturated as well.
Back to top Go down
Rathen

Rathen

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 8:53 am

Well, I know i have well over 200 corn on the market at 3.50 so if I need to I can pull it off and eat it. Not a problem there. I can work the mines if needed, just need to be told what mine is needed to be worked on. I can also still smith metals. Problem with that is that I have no ore. Lately, I have been just studying for something to do. i already have one skill at 100% and Im now workong on a second but I can forgo that for the mines. Im willing to do my part and then some of what is needed but we need to get a solid plan in place. Finding out if this is a bug or not will definitely help. Our market is totally full. We really need to sell some stuff on it. Trade Minister needs to start working on traes with other towns ASAP.
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:48 am

Ok, I think Ontrose finally understands the enormity of the problem we are facing. He wrote me, & with all due respect, even though I am very frustrated, I think he is doing his job to the best of his ability. I don't really know if Funmath or anyone is telling him "don't buy" ... I do know that when LeeAnn was TM she told me that she "was advised not to buy anything for a couple of days" but I don't know by whom.
Now Ontrose is saying that he will buy the wheat I put on the market when he is able to get into his office, & he is working with me on a way to figure out how to increase the use of wheat, by either increasing bread production, which I told him we really are not in need of more bread right now, or by encouraging some wheat farmers to convert to livestock. I'm not sure if he really understood that on a daily basis we are getting about 100 bags of wheat on autobuy. But now, he is working with me. He said for the time being, as I get wheat, put it on the fair & he will buy it as he is able to get in his office but he asked me to NOT tell the residents he is buying regularly or they will flood autobuy even more.
So, I'm going to leave autobuy on for now, but I do think the suggesting wheat to convert to livestock is a good idea....and I also think taxing for now is necessary.
I can leave the tax at what we have had it in the past, & see if that will help. If I need to down the road I will raise the tax level.
Dranoel, I really don't want anyone on Council thinking we are going over their head by going to LJS, so I'm not sure about writing to him about the "bug" without discussing it with Correus & Funmath first, since Correus is the one who sees it first hand.
I don't want to start "finger pointing" in public just yet.....but I will do a mass mailing asking for SOME of the wheat farmers to convert to livestock, but not all lol I will ask them to contact me FIRST so that I can determine how many are doing so so we don't lose too many.
I will also mention that we are taxing once to see if we can keep some cash flow going but to be prepared for it to be an ongoing thing every other week IF we need to do so.
Ontrose figured it up & he bought over 4000.00 pounds worth of wheat from Evesham, & I never saw much of that in the treasury because it went right back out in autobuy purchases.
I have not bought anything from the market in a while because I can't afford it.
As for outside trading, & Evesham being the trading hub....I have contacted people, & they just don't need the goods we have excess of. They want to sell to us lol
It's just very frustrating. It does seem as if the game coders are trying to slowly kill this game......
So, for now, how about I suggest conversion of fields, & tax everyone & see how that works for the time being......along with Ontrose buying when he can get in his office ?
I will even TRY to see if I can clean out some of that corn to sell him if he needs/wants it.
Back to top Go down
Gnome1special

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 3:36 am

Recommend pigs, then because there is a glut of milk on the market and HHW prices are too high for how low the meat prices are. Pigs will also help the corn problem.
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:24 am

Will do Smile Pigs first. I haven't checked my office yet to see how we did last night but I'm on my way there now.
Back to top Go down
Rathen

Rathen

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:14 am

As for quarries, I noticed that all we have to work with is a stone quarry. I know this because Im working there today. I can understand why no one wants to work in there. How does stone help the town though?? As for trading... can we not trade with other towns NOT in our county that might need the products. Stands to reason if we cant sell to anyone in our county that needs things.
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:39 am

Yes, Rathen, we can trade with other towns, & I have tried, but EVERYONE is in excess it seems. They either don't need what we have or they don't want to pay our prices, & I refuse to take as big a loss on some of the goods that I would have to take to trade with some of these people. But mostly it's "We don't need that either" Sad
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:42 am

Hey how many wheat fields do you guys think should convert over to livestock ? How many should do pigs first & foremost ?
Back to top Go down
Jibboo

Jibboo

PostSubject: hi   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:48 am

Hello Everyone,
I think the market and money situation is very interesting. First we have to few goods and hardly any food and now the market is over flowing. The corn I produce I put in the tavern, even when it sits there for a while. How do other cities do ? Are they experiencing a similar problem? I think of a partner city (can be anywhere in the world), we could send goods to. We could try to support one another, even when the other city might pay us only a small amount of money for the goods.
Whatcha think?

oh, well hmmm not a good idea i just read LOL
well, could we convert some corn fields although ?

Shalom, Jibboo
Back to top Go down
Gnome1special

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 1:12 pm

Start with 5 to 10 wheat converted to pig and see where that gets us in a few weeks.

Raythen, Good question about how stone helps the town.

My thinking is that it helps the town indirectly because it brings cash into the town since we've stagnated with our product trading.

The cash comes from the county coffers. The county gets the cash by trading the stone to other counties which do not have a stone mine.

Jibboo, If our production of Pigs goes up, we'll need that corn. I wouldn't advise cutting back on corn until we see what the impact of the extra pig farms is.

5 to 10 pig farms will eat a lot of corn. (4 per day per farm, so 20 - 40 per day .... plus the added corn the county will need to breed new pigs).

I checked my welcome message and found that for the past several months it's been recommending corn and veggies which may be an indication why we have so much corn on the market. I have now changed it to recommending wheat and veggies since we're converting some wheat to pigs. It will take about 3 or 4 weeks to see the impact this makes.

Looks like we could use more hides, so perhaps we could convert 2 or 3 corn fields to sheep.
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:16 am

Alright....I will finish up my mailing today & get it out to the people as soon as I can. I want to warn them BEFORE I levy the taxes, because that's what I promised to do...I said I wouldn't just levy without warning.
Some semi-good news is that our TM seems to be buying a little bit of my wheat each day now instead of just letting it sit there for days on end Smile But he did ask me NOT to let the citizens know he has opened up to more buying from me so that they don't overload the autobuy even more so please do not mention this situation to anyone outside these walls Smile
Back to top Go down
Rathen

Rathen

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:43 pm

Alright, I am working in the stone mines till I hear different. (Hell, we dont have any iron anyway for me to play my trade. :-P) Sounds like we need to get more peole in the mines also.

I know the corn output wont be a problem on my side. Im not crazy enough to try my hand at livestock. Ive heard its a pain in the rear especially if we dont get any new little piggies and sheepies.

Oh, and whats it worth to ya for me to keep my mouth shut? Razz
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 6:34 am

LOL It's worth alot......how about it's worth me not putting my size 7 1/2 shoe up....well you get the picture ?? lol

We also need to discuss activity here & see what we need to do to boost activity in the forums as well.....
Back to top Go down
Rathen

Rathen

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 6:10 am

I dont know about the regular forums because you know I never go there. However, as for here... There should ALWAYS be activity here bcasue we ARE THE TA. We need... have to discuss things here that directly involce the city. Yes, I said city becasue Evesham has been around and prospered long enough to be a city. My feelings are... if you cant show up here and at least put your two cents worth in then you have no business calling the TA your own.

Size 7 1/2? Damnnnn, you have big feet. Your not hairy too are you? LMAO :-P
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 6:21 am

I agree with you Rathen & I am the first one to take the responsibility for the lack of activity. As your Mayor, I lead by example, or at least I should, & I have let my RL hectic schedule get in the way of my activity here. For that, to all of you, I'm sorry.
Now, as for the regular forums, I want some RP's started. I know we currently have my Manor going, & Moody's Pub (Jibboo, is that very active ?) There are also a few here & there scattered about, but I think we should think about a Fall/Winter RP ..... DON'T START IT YET !!! But let's discuss it.
Jibboo, I know you wrote me & said your RL schedule is getting so busy & you have to take lots of time away here & there. Is that still accurate ?

And Rathen, no I'm not hairy too but I do have "Fred Flintstone" feet according my husband lol
Back to top Go down
Rathen

Rathen

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 6:13 am

im going to continue to work at the Quarry..... Yabba Dabba Do!!!!
Back to top Go down
Beaker

Beaker

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:49 pm

6000 a day!

How is that possible???

From what Corinna and I have seen on our travels market excesses are a universal problem right now. Likewise, debt is too. Word from the Royal Court is that some counties are several hundred thousand pounds into debt, so much so that the very system is locking them down!

Now, I'll assume that you are still hiding the goods and money so that should save a bit. Otherwise the quickest way to generate cash, especially if trade has gone to crap, is to tinker with the mine wages so that Stone and Iron are generating just enough for maintenance and everyone else goes to Gold.

That's about all I have right now. I'll keep an ear out for solutions and let you know.

(we are in Cumberland right now, we were in Scotland for a bit and will be returning to there next week, I have to be in England for the coronation)
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:36 am

Honestly, I don't know if they are still hiding food. I hope so because the system you & Corinna worked out was perfect. I do hope they continue what you all started.
I know at one time one of the mines was closed.....dang I can't remember which one....
Beaker, are you still a member of any of the forums even though you're not a Council member ? If so you could go in & maybe make a suggestion or two & make sure what I read was right....on how much the King is taking daily. I will try to find Correus' original post because I don't want to quote him incorrectly.....but we are/were losing an unbelievable amount that was unexplainable. Now if you are a member & you do talk to anyone, you know that information is not supposed to be shared outside of Council Chambers, & I don't want to get the wrath of the Countess, so ... you could just say a little birdie told you lol
Back to top Go down
Rathen

Rathen

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 6:19 am

Okay, I officially dont like the new lay out. Its not letting me eat and I cant work at the mines. Why cant they just leave some thigns alone?
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 6:36 am

I know, I hate it too. I can't see the grants in the grant management screen & it took me FOREVER to find how much cash is in the town treasury & Dranoel can't find his office in the barracks.......he's County Sergeant (I think).....
BUT you CAN go back to the old version by clickint the link "Old version of the game v.2" at the bottom of the town screen. However, be warned......it's all in French. But if you're like me you pretty much have the buttons memorized anyways, so it won't be too hard to find your food & go work in the mines.....if not & you need a translator, use Babel Fish:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456   Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emergency Meeting October 10, 1456
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next