LadyGina's TA Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LadyGina's TA Team

A forum for the TA members to discuss, debate & vote on things having to do with Evesham.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456

Go down 
+3
Dranoel
Gnome1special
LadyGina
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyGina

LadyGina

TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 1:02 am

paullo wrote:
Quote :
Paullo, I have exactly 5 HW, & I have quite a bit of HHW, so I can grant you the 5 HW, & the 10 HHW...will that help you for a little bit ?

Sure, I can work with that. Very Happy

Quote :
Garrett, as Paullo said, we need to wait & see what happens with the Economic Manipulation Law Council is discussing before we move forward with the Trade Act....it might not be necessary to have the law if the EML gets worked in our favor...

Actually, what is being discussed is more about how to make the EML less restricitive... I am not too active in this discussion, since I believe the law is not bad at the way it is and I have no idea of how making the interpretation of his articles less extensive.

When I cited our current EML discussion, I was trying to say "Look, if these guys don't like EML, you can guess their opinion about a Trader's Law, don't you?" I wasn't clear, sorry.

@Dranoel

Better times will come my friend... When Sirbrian was judge, we had no Justice for 2 months Shocked I hope we do not get into this situation again, and I am happy with the denounce of Valantine.

Paullo, I have just sent you a grant with the HHW & HW Smile

Sorry about my misunderstanding of what you said about the EML...but you're right...I don't feel very confident that they would approve the trader's law either...I think we should hold off on it for a while...

Quote :
Dispite his short comings, Valentine is a good man. If ANY of you tell him I said that I will denigh it. Okay, now what? What do we disguss now? This IS the most action I have seen on this forum in ages. I want to keep it going.

Your secret is safe with me lol
After I figure the total net worth for this week tomorrow night, I'll be discussing taxes....be prepared Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:00 am

gina wrote:
Paullo, I have just sent you a grant with the HHW & HW

MAny thanks LAdyGina! I have just cancelled the grant, and you have 303p. back Cool I am going to sell the meat for 18p. ok?

And, just in case somebody complains, I have 2 buckets selling in the market for 42p., it is the price I paid for them. I had a cow field that I recently converted in another type of field, I do not need them any more.

dranoel wrote:
our judge has not been active for 2 weeks now. or if he has he has neglected his duties what can we do about that....

Our Judge Duediligence said in the Council forum that he was waiting the negotiation Spellfire (mayor of our capital) was having with the accused. You know, only Evesham have a Law Minister Wink other cities are heavily centred in the mayor. If everything goes correctly, he would be able to absolve the guy - it isn't nice to condemn somebody innocent. Our Duchess Funmath said she was informed about it.

And there was only one case waiting his decision, the other had the last statement 2 days ago - sentence gave today - , so it was done in time.
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:09 am

paullo wrote:

MAny thanks LAdyGina! I have just cancelled the grant, and you have 303p. back Cool I am going to sell the meat for 18p. ok?

That's fine thanks Smile & you're welcome Smile
paullo wrote:
And, just in case somebody complains, I have 2 buckets selling in the market for 42p., it is the price I paid for them. I had a cow field that I recently converted in another type of field, I do not need them any more.

Ok, thanks for letting me know who they belong to just in case Smile But it's only 1 pound less than town hall charges...so you shouldn't get too many complaints.
paullo wrote:
Our Judge Duediligence said in the Council forum that he was waiting the negotiation Spellfire (mayor of our capital) was having with the accused. You know, only Evesham have a Law Minister Wink other cities are heavily centred in the mayor. If everything goes correctly, he would be able to absolve the guy - it isn't nice to condemn somebody innocent. Our Duchess Funmath said she was informed about it.
And there was only one case waiting his decision, the other had the last statement 2 days ago - sentence gave today - , so it was done in time.

Thanks for the update Smile
Back to top Go down
Rathen

Rathen

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:24 am

Again, we have a lack of use here. I have been monitoring this forum for three days now and nothing.
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:28 am

I know Sad I was going to post the Total Net Worth last night & post in here about taxes, & I got very busy at work & couldn't get to it...and I was off work Monday & Tuesday night, & don't normally get to the forums on my nights off.... But we need to continue with this meeting.
I will post the Net Worth tonight & we will begin discussing taxes.....
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 11:01 am

Ok guys, let's get this meeting back in order.
I have figured the total net for the week of April 20 (it's posted in my office here), & it don't look good Sad
We're losing too much money from week to week. February 25 we had over 12,000 & now we are just under 10,000. This is unexceptable to me as long as their is something I can do about it, or at least TRY to do about it.
We need to discuss this tax situation.
Ok, Hereford's taxes are 4.00 per field/shop per week.
Worcester City's taxes are 5.00 per field and 7.00 per shop.
Right now, Warwick doesn't charge taxes but when they did they charged approximately 3.00 a week for fields and approximately 2.00 a week for workshops.
So, it looks like we need to go ahead & charge taxes.
My question is this: what do you all think we should charge ?
Keep in mind that it takes 5 Finance points to levy taxes & you can only levy every 2 weeks (I think that's what I read somewhere) & right now I have 10 Finance points so I can levy twice in a month before I will need to buy more.
So, get your thinking caps on & let's get this hashed out becuase I feel we need to do this as soon as possible so we can try to gain some of that money back Sad
Back to top Go down
Rathen

Rathen

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 4:56 pm

Well, since we dont know a whole lot about taxes right off. Common sense would tell me we start off with what Worcester is working at right now (It seems to be the least at the moment) and adjust where and as time needs. I agree with you though, these losses are bad indeed. However, is there ANYTHING that can be done? I dont think we have explored everything. There has to be something else.
Back to top Go down
Gnome1special

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:32 am

Your Honor, I make a motion that we put the taxation level to a vote. Please pick a number, put it in a poll here. That way you will be able to say whether your TA supports you in this taxation thing or not. Starting at the lowest level, but making it an even tax seems logical to me.

Whatever you choose to do as mayor, I believe your TA is behind you, but action should probably happen soon. Just my tuppence.
Back to top Go down
Rathen

Rathen

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 3:59 pm

Ummm hi Gnome!!!
Yeah, what he said.
Back to top Go down
Gnome1special

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 11:21 pm

Hey, Rathen. Smile

Oh, and what I said may be changed to no tax at all if you have another week of profit due to the high level of sales of corn and wheat to the county ... but, perhaps you should start the poll just in case ... contingent on whether there is a profit this week or not.
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 2:59 pm

Well, it seems the forum is not showing me replies again Sad Sorry you guys, I didn't know you had posted....

Ok, I've posted the total net worth...and unfortunately it's another loss Sad
I don't understand it with all I've been buying/selling...but it's at 387.00 & some change that we lost since last week Sad

Is it 350.00 a week that we lose due to corruption & waste ? If so, that explains the loss...
So, let's discuss the totals we think should go in the poll & I'll get the poll up...
Back to top Go down
Rathen

Rathen

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 4:07 pm

I say we go with what Worster is using. Its a low amount and if we have to go up from there then so be it.
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 4:16 pm

Ok, so we have 5.00 per field & 7.00 per workshop....
Anyone else have any suggestions ?
Back to top Go down
Rathen

Rathen

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 5:41 pm

I thought it was lower then that? LOL Yeah, I giess if it has to be it has to be.
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:00 am

No, Spell told me it was 5.00 per field & 7.00 per workshop...

I'm gonna send a notice to everyone that they need to get in here & participate in this discussion...we need EVERYONE'S input on this...
Back to top Go down
Dranoel

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 5:43 am

5.00 and 7.00 sounds fair to me .....lets start the poll up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rathen

Rathen

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:38 pm

Oh okay. If you insist. LOL Where the hell is everyone at?????? Yo! TA members!!! Hello!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 7:23 pm

Quote :
Right now, Warwick doesn't charge taxes but when they did they charged approximately 3.00 a week for fields and approximately 2.00 a week for workshops.

I prefer Warwick way of taxing. Not only because it has the small value (lol) but because the workshops pay less than the fields. Some workshops simply don't give money, what produces money is the field. And we do not need to lose level 2 people to another cities, we have to stimulate this guys to stay with us.

In a week my meat businness in the market can circulate around 500p.. I could circulate more if the price of HHW and HW were smaller. Level 2 people are very important to make our economy strong. We cannot lose them. So workshops have to receive less tax than fields.

If it is possible, I would make the tax of the second field smaller than the first one, but bigger than workshops. Second field gave less profit than the first one, and tax would discourage second field. The profit of a cow field is incredibly smaller in cases like "rearing cows".

In my opinion, the setup of tax in Worcester Capital is really destructive. People there can have only one field and if they have some movement in the market it is because of workshops, and despite of that they have the biggest taxes all over Worcester Duchy. Ok, they are smaller and they need money too, but if they are smaller they spend less too.

It is wrong to think that people with workshops should pay more because they are richer. Workshops doesn't give more money, they stimulate the circulation of money. It is different. A cycle of wheat can give 90 pounds to the owner, a guy with a workshop won a wage 5-10p. bigger than the normal when he works in the workshops. However, nobody works an entire week in a workshop, if you are able to do it 2-3 times/ week you are lucky. This work stimulates the economy though, because the owner of the workshop buys things to transform it in bread, flour, meat, etc..

CONCLUSION:

If we really need tax, I would advice the biggest tax to the 1st field, the 2nd biggest to the 2nd field (if possible) and the smaller one to workshops (fields>workshops) for the motives above.
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:40 am

paullo wrote:
Quote :

I prefer Warwick way of taxing. Not only because it has the small value (lol) but because the workshops pay less than the fields. Some workshops simply don't give money, what produces money is the field. And we do not need to lose level 2 people to another cities, we have to stimulate this guys to stay with us.

In a week my meat businness in the market can circulate around 500p.. I could circulate more if the price of HHW and HW were smaller. Level 2 people are very important to make our economy strong. We cannot lose them. So workshops have to receive less tax than fields.

If it is possible, I would make the tax of the second field smaller than the first one, but bigger than workshops. Second field gave less profit than the first one, and tax would discourage second field. The profit of a cow field is incredibly smaller in cases like "rearing cows".

In my opinion, the setup of tax in Worcester Capital is really destructive. People there can have only one field and if they have some movement in the market it is because of workshops, and despite of that they have the biggest taxes all over Worcester Duchy. Ok, they are smaller and they need money too, but if they are smaller they spend less too.

It is wrong to think that people with workshops should pay more because they are richer. Workshops doesn't give more money, they stimulate the circulation of money. It is different. A cycle of wheat can give 90 pounds to the owner, a guy with a workshop won a wage 5-10p. bigger than the normal when he works in the workshops. However, nobody works an entire week in a workshop, if you are able to do it 2-3 times/ week you are lucky. This work stimulates the economy though, because the owner of the workshop buys things to transform it in bread, flour, meat, etc..

CONCLUSION:

If we really need tax, I would advice the biggest tax to the 1st field, the 2nd biggest to the 2nd field (if possible) and the smaller one to workshops (fields>workshops) for the motives above.

Thank you for your imput guys Smile
I'm thinking maybe Paullo is right about taxing fields more than workshops..however I cannot separate field 1 from field 2. It is one price for each field.

So, does anyone else have any other suggestions on amounts ? So far, we have 5.00 & 7.00, but we can make it 5.00 per profession & 7.00 per field....
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:50 am

Ok, let me edit what I just said....I just rechecked the Mayor's screen & here is what we can charge taxes on:

Taxes on land: wheat fields
Taxes on land: corn fields
Taxes on land: vegetable patches
Taxes on land: cow ranches
Taxes on land: pig ranches
Taxes on land: sheep ranches
Taxes on land: workshops

So, we can tax on fields separately, but I don't know who has what as a 1st field & who has what as a 2nd field....So, I guess I could use that economic tool on the French forum to figure how how many active fields of each kind we have...but again, I won't know how to determine which is the 1st & which is the 2nd...
So...what do you all think ?
Back to top Go down
Rathen

Rathen

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:59 pm

I dont know but I agree with the more amount for the fields. Warwick way of taxing it is then.

I must be an anomoly then becasue I work EVERYDAY in my forge. LOL Look at the grand supply of buckets and knives.
Back to top Go down
Dranoel

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:31 pm

Well not to throw a stone in the pond but I did just think of something I agree that the first and second field should be taxed but in my case I cannot work in my workshop because I am defending the city so my question is would that be fair to tax me being that I cant even work there and produce anything to cover that part of the tax Question Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jibboo

Jibboo

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 12:06 am

Hmm, the whole tax thing. It would mean for level 1 player with one field to pay tax on this one field, level 2 with 2 fields pay tax on 2 fields plus the carpentry shop? Hmm and if you have a tavern to pay tax on the tavern? oww, that sounds like a lot for me. I don't know if i could survive that. I hardly make money with the carpentry, nor the pub.
Paying tax would make it harder for people to level up, or?
anyhow, if it is necessary,... .
How come we have to pay tax? is our county is so much dept? For instance Barnstaple doesn't have to pay any tax.

And I wonder does this money has also something to do with our overall statues in the world? I think we have only 1 star. Yikes!!!
So how could that be changed?
Back to top Go down
LadyGina

LadyGina

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 2:19 am

I haven't been working in my bakery either Dranoel, because I've been studying, but I guess I'd have to pay taxes anyway also...may not seem fair to us, but unfortunately we would not be able to leave anyone out....I'm still looking into it...hence the continued discussion Smile

Jibboo, I'm not sure on the taxes of the taverns, I guess that is an automatic tax that is coded into the game because that is nothing that the Mayor has control over.... but in answer to why we would have to pay taxes has been discussed...we are losing money at a quick rate as a town. Since February 25 we have lost over 2300.00 pounds. No matter how much I sell, I can't seem to bring that money back in...I know Barnstaple doesn't tax....and I'm not sure how they are doing it..but I have to wonder if they are doing like I do... with the Total Net Worth every week...that shows us our entire worth including cash & goods, both on hand, on market, on fair & in the town tavern....I wonder if Barnstaple did this if they would learn that they are losing money as well.... it doesn't show in the Assessment that I post every week in Evesham Hall...it shows in the Total Net Worth that I post here... for only us to see...
So, that is why we possibly will tax...because we're losing money.
As for the stars, I honestly do not understand that system...I've tried... and I don't know how to change it Sad
Back to top Go down
Rathen

Rathen

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 10:35 am

First, we cant plug the barrel unless we know where the water is leaking from. There HAS to be a reason as to why we are losing money. It has to be found. If we cant find it, we cant fix the problem. Taxes are a short term fix.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456   TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TA Meeting of Wednesday, April 16, 1456
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next